This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
Tuesday: Taco Mac and Cheese
Wednesday: church dinner (chili & cornbread)
Thursday: leftover lasagna/taco mac
Friday: Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes
Saturday (Valentine’s Day): We don’t have any plans … but we’ll see.
Sunday: chocolate chip biscuits for Sunday School, BBQ sandwiches, homefries
I knew I might go a little over budget this week with the lasagna. And really, it’s OK with me. Forty dollars is a good target for me, but if I’m five or even ten dollars over, I’m not going to stress out too very much. But I do like to keep it close! Especially because I have all of y’all to keep me accountable.
- 1 pkg. of 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 pkg. whole wheat rotini (to use in the taco mac…this was cheaper)
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville brats (for future use–was on Manager’s Special for $2.45 plus I had a dollar off coupon. SCORE!
- 1 pkg. pork chops (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 pkg. Fiber One bars (cellfire coupon .50, manufacturer’s coupon .50, Kroger matching .50–should have waited to do this once they were on sale, though.)
- 1 lb. hot breakfast sausage (.35 coupon, .35 Kroger matching)
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 pkg. Kroger shredded cheese
- 1 pkg. Lloyd’s beef barbecue (on sale for $3.99 plus .75 off coupon)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 parmesan shaker (since I left ours sitting out overnight last week 🙁 )
- 1 pkg. wheat buns
- 1 big can tomato paste
- no-bake lasagna noodles
- big lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (on sale for .87 plus .35 coupon plus .35 matching= .17!! Can I note that it is a MUCH better price than $5Dollar Dinners got on her Rotel if you click on the Taco Mac and Cheese link above. BRING IT ON, Erin. I’ll be doing $4 Dinners before long! LOL.)
- 1 block mozzarella cheese
- 1 “hunk” seedless watermelon
- 1 bag jumbo chocolate chips
My total was $41.47 before tax. Yes, I could have made it lower by not buying the great-priced brats, buying regular instead of whole-wheat pasta and buns, etc … but those are choices I made that I am OK with.