This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
My dear bloggy friend OhAmanda is starting this Tuesday carnival for Top Tens. I don’t know if I’ll participate every week, but I wanted to help her get a good start by throwing in my two cents!
It’s so fun to be on this side of motherhood and be able to give advice to friends who are pregnant with their first kids. I know one of the things I wanted advice about was what baby stuff I actually needed and what I didn’t. So here are my Top Ten Items of Baby Paraphernalia, the things that are helping me survive these first few months!
3. Gerber NUK pacifiers: She is a pacifier junkie. She might need a self-help group for it. But for now, it’s lovely and it helps her sleep and keeps her from screaming her head off.
4. The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp: I have read approximately zero parenting books, but one of those nights when it was taking Libbie three hours to get to sleep I picked this one up. Dr. Karp’s five S method of soothing is just right and works pretty much every time to calm her down.
5. SwaddleMes: speaking of those five S’s, one of them is swaddling. I love the SwaddleMes. Libbie really doesn’t realize it’s bedtime without them (which is kinda a bad thing now…). She has slept through most of the night since 7 weeks with the help of these swaddlers. I love em!
6. I would be remiss not to include my Pump in Style. As a breastfeeding momma who works, you gotta have a good pump. But I desperately need one of those hands-free pumping vest thingamajiggies.
7. A Child’s Gift of Lullabyes CD: This is a Grammy-winning collection. I adore this CD. We listen to it each night at bedtime, and I almost always cry at the sweet songs.
8. Koala Baby Pocket Organizer: I don’t know what we’d do without this thing that hangs over Libbie’s closet door. It is such a good place for tiny socks, tights, hats, and shoes. Super convenient and it doesn’t take up space!
9. Boppy: I was super convinced in my pregnancy that I would use a My Brest Friend pillow once I was breastfeeding. I received this Boppy from a friend as a hand-me-down, and I thought Libbie might use it to lay in or to do tummy time. But I was wrong. I use it for feeding all the time, for tummy time, to sit her in, for everything! I bought another one to have at her daycare for feeding her at lunchtime. It is ingenious.
I also REALLY love my sling from loveseptember. But as I am going to rave about it in a post very soon, I’m not adding it here. Stay tuned for a GIVEAWAY next week for something from her great Etsy store!
Adding this post to Kelly’s Korner Share Your Life carnival.