This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
Top Ten Reasons I Can’t Seem to Stop Breastfeeding
10. It’s SO healthy! Such wonderful immune-system boosting nutrients. The perfect, God-created food.
9. The doctors told me so. AAP suggests 1 year minimum of breastfeeding; World Health Organization pushes for 2.
8. Libbie still wants to.
7. Because she pops off and grins at her daddy when she’s nursing.
6. The faces she makes when she’s falling asleep nursing.
5. How would I calm her when she is extremely upset?
4. The more formula I feed her, the emptier my pocketbook is.
3. Even when it hurts, I love the feeling of closeness and nourishing my girl.
1. Because I’m a self-righteous hag who wants to make it to a year.
Top Ten Reasons I Want to Stop
10. Plugged ducts hurt.
9. Thrush hurts.
8. Bad latch REALLY hurts.
7. Biting hurts.
6. Constant on-and-off latching hurts and is annoying.
5. She gotten lots of healthy nutrients over the last 10 months.
4. Have I mentioned that the girls are gigantuan?
3. I fear mastitis. And biting.
2. It would be nice not to have to get up 20 minutes earlier so I can feed her before I leave.
1. Did I mention the hurting?
I’ve all but decided to quit unless someone can tell me how on earth you train a 10-month-old to latch correctly, when for at 9 months of her young life she latched fine. I don’t get it. Seriously, help?
For more Top Ten Tuesday, visit OhAmanda.com.