This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
Well, it’s time once again for the rundown of my reading for this year. I read about half as many books as I did last year. But I had a baby. I am just proud that I’ve managed to read as much as I did! As she gets older, and I am not quite as tired, it does get easier!
As always, if you ever want a book recommendation or just want to chat about them, shoot me an e-mail!
So here’s what I read in 2009.
1. Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl (1/7/09) (NF)
2. The Girlfriend’s Guide to Suriving the First Year of Motherhood by Vicki Iovine (1/9/09) (NF)
3. My Life as a Doormat by Rene Gutteridge (1/11/09)
4. Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Gilman (2/1/09) *for review
5. The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson (2/9/09)
6. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells (3/1/09) (reread)
7. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
8. Churched by Matthew Paul Turner (M, NF) *for review
9. Chill Out, Josey by Susan May Warren
10. Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor
11. June Bug by Chris Fabry (M) (4/20/09) *for review
12. Blog Blazers by Stephane Grenier (4/23/09) (M, NF)
13. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume (5/3/09)
14. B as in Beauty by Alberto Ferreras (5/10/09) *for review
15. Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler (5/09) (reread)
16. Nine Ways God Always Speaks by Jennifer Schuchmann and Mark Herringshaw (5/09) Related blog post is here
17. Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl (5/09) (NF)
18. Comfort Me with Apples by Ruth Reichl (6/09) (NF)
19. Never the Bride by Cheryl McKinney and Rene Gutteridge (6/09) *for review
20. What’s a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria Laurie
21. Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
22. American Thighs by Jill Connor Browne (NF) (6/09)
23. Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant by various (7/8/09) (NF) Related blog post: Alone in the Kitchen
24. Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn (7/09)
25. Scoop by Rene Gutteridge (7/13/09) *for review
26. Rachel’s Prayer by Leisha Kelly (7/22/09)
27. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (8/09) (reread)
28. Sarah’s Promise by Leisha Kelly (7/09)
29. The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin (8/09) Read Kate’s review
30. Gone to Green by Judy Christie (9/09) *for review
31. Peculiar Treasures by Robin Jones Gunn (9/09)
32. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain (10/6/09) (M, NF)
33. The Christmas Lamp by Lori Copeland (10/09) *for review
34. I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids by Trish Ashworth and Amy Nobile (10/09)
35. Lord of the Flies by William Golding (11/09) (M)
36. The Gift by Cecelia Ahern (11/18/09) *for review
37. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian (11/19/09) (M)
38. People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks (12/5/09)
39. ‘Til Morning is Nigh by Leisha Kelly (12/10/09)
40. Cleaving by Julie Powell (12/27/09)
41. The Memory Thief by Rachel Keener (12/31/09) *for review
That last one, I obviously finished last night. And not just because I was trying to squeeze in one more book in 2009–it was REALLY good and I couldn’t stop reading it. It doesn’t come out until March–I had it to review–but I hope you’ll put it on your reading list!
So, time to share! What was your favorite book of 2009? I think my VERY favorites were I Capture the Castle, the Reichl memoirs, and Midwives.