This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
Disclaimer: Amazon affiliate links included in this post. Although I paid my entire way to Blissdom (including the $58 parking), the conference did have wonderful sponsors and we received a lot of free gifts from them.
Why like a dream? Because I was a walking zombie for much of the weekend. I don’t survive well on very little sleep, but being with my roommates Hillary and Mary there was simply too much to talk about to sleep. (Like when I pounced on Mary’s bed and demanded we talk about Gilmore Girls Season 6 at 1 a.m.)
My weekend started out in good Jessie fashion: I drove from Chattanooga in the dark and pouring rain; refused to spend money to valet park and thus drug my giant suitcase into the enormous Opryland Hotel; and then could not for the life of me find where anyone else was in the building. (Dear Opryland: Your maps are not good enough.)
I ended up in the Delta area by the riverboat dock with my gargantuan suitcase and near tears. Happily, Mary and Hillary came and found me and took me to our room. I didn’t get to see anyone else that night (Thursday) but it didn’t matter. I was with my Blissdom girls!
If I continue in this minute-by-minute fashion, this post is going to be 100 years long. So let’s just hit some highlights:
1. Meeting Mary for the first time in person. We’ve become great friends through blogging and it was incredible to get to see each other face-to-face and yak our heads off.
2. Getting to hold and snuggle Tessa (Tricia‘s daughter) for long periods of time. I love infant smell. She is adorable and I can’t wait to see pictures of her in all of Libbie’s hand-me-downs!
3. The opening session by Kevin Carroll. He was simply amazing, inspiring, and adorable. Thanks for coming and sharing with a big bunch of gals, Kevin! [You can buy his Red Rubber Ball book here--I'll definitely at least be finding it in the library!]
4. Savvy Blogging on Friday night. I think I’m going to have to do a separate post on Savvy Blogging and its takeaways, but suffice to say I got to sit at a table and talk with Crystal from MoneySavingMom, one of the founders of The Blog Frog, and several other amazing bloggers for an hour or two. I got a veritable wealth of information–and a great stash of swag from Cracker Barrel, Born Free, RedPlum, Savings.com, and lots of other places! Thanks, sponsors! [Here's a picture of me at Savvy Blogging. I look slightly overwhelmed.]
5. Dinner at Baja Burrito Saturday night. On, oh, Tuesday night, my roomies and I decided to throw together an impromptu Saturday night dinner at my very favorite place in Nashville. Although it was a little harried getting there, we had a great group of ladies, excellent food, and I so enjoyed talking to Cailie, Kim and Kris, Ashleigh, and Krista.
6. Eating at Pancake Pantry with Mary, Hillary, and Jo-Lynne. We were supposed to eat with Amanda and her sisterchicks, but someone’s roommates were a little slow getting ready (cough, cough, and I totally wasn’t still asleep at 8).
7. Stories. I love hearing people’s stories. Even though I was so tired of talking to people I thought I might die on Friday night (introvert much?), I loved talking to each and every one of them!
8. All of this:
Me and Kate from Cooking During Stolen Moments
Hillary (The Other Mama) makes me laugh
Me and Laura from Hollywood Housewife, photo by Mary
I am sure I have 8,000 more things to say but … I am tired, I have the BlissSnot from shaking 400 ladies’ hands, and I need to watch The Office. Just keeping it real.