This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
We went to our first birthday party in a long time on Saturday–for one of Libbie’s friends. Miss Emma turned 2 and had a grand affair at a nearby park.
Libbie drank two juice boxes and ate one pink-frosted cupcake and oodles of Goldfish and pretzels … and then crashed before we even got home.
I like to pick out toys for other kiddos, mainly because it means they won’t be populating my house. But I don’t want to get kids something they probably already have or will really be a nuisance to the parents (involving batteries, which equal loud noise…). So I’m collecting ideas for the future parties I’m sure we’ll be attending!
Top Ten Birthday Presents for Little Kids
This is what “Libbie” got for Emma, since we know Emma really likes playing in her kitchen (as Libbie does). I just love Melissa and Doug’s old-fashioned, wooden products.
2. Felt food from BeckyM on Etsy
I am soooo in love with this seller’s felt food. It is so realistic and funny and adorable.
3. Sweet, homemade hair clips from Mimi’s Babies on Etsy
4. Sun Stacker from Imagination Kids on Etsy
Oh. Oh, love. So cute. So bright.
5. Cute, unique clothes, like this Minnie dress from Sweet Sassy Boutique
I probably wouldn’t give clothes to someone I wasn’t close to; but if I did, I love something a little unique! I am in love with this seller’s dresses!
One of Libbie’s great joys in life is unzipping things (my purse) and trying to undo buttons. I think she’d love one of these!
I love all the Little People sets, and so does Libbie. She’s forever carrying around the animals from her ark and loading and unloading them.
8. Art supplies – chalk, pipe cleaners, markers, stamps.
9. Good kid’s Bible, like the Jesus Storybook Bible. It’s a gift that will grow with the kid as he/she learns to read and can tell the stories by his/herself.
10. Special baby. I’m still a huge fan of Cabbage Patch dolls, although I feel like Libbie’s a little small yet for them. She does adore her Baby Peanut doll, and it’s just the right size for her!
Do you have any other ingenious gift ideas for kiddos?
Added to Top Ten Tuesday at OhAmanda.