This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
My kids are on “Spring Break” this week from their Mother’s Day Out program. The public schools are out, too, but my husband’s private school was on break two weeks ago.
What does that mean for us? Playgrounds and museums are going to be uber-crowded, and I will be home alone with my kids all week.
I have a difficult time functioning without a plan; I am not the kind of mom who can put crafts together on the fly, usually. So here I am outlining my plans to celebrate Holy Week with my kiddos (a 3.5-year-old and a 15-month-old). Libbie (3) and I may do a lot of this while David is asleep, honestly, because he is just not old enough to do crafts yet. I will do my best to have him listen to storytime!
photo source: Denny Pewsey
Monday: Hosanna! / Palm Sunday
“Jesus Enters Jerusalem” pictures from The Gigantic Coloring Book of Bible Stories
Read from the Jesus Storybook Bible (Libbie)
“Jesus Rides a Donkey” from The LullaBible Storybook (David)
Make Palm Palms and Dance!
- Hosanna! Matthew 21:9 & 11 from Hide Em in Your Heart Vol. 1 (Steve Green)
- Hosanna (Praise is Rising) from 3:16 The Numbers of Hope Musical (Travis Cottrell) [linked version is from a different album]
- Hosanna Rock! from Happy Day Everyday (Little Praise Party & Yancy)
- Ho-ho-ho-hosanna from Wee Sing More Bible Songs
- Hosanna (Blessed Is He Who Comes) from Hosanna (Words of Worship)
- Hosanna from You Deliver Me (Selah)
Are you doing anything to celebrate Jesus with your kids this week?