This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
Happy Menu Plan Monday, where yours truly realizes just how difficult and expensive it is to feed two adults and two growing children without a dining hall at her disposal!
I figure that even if I spend a good bit at the store, it’s still cheaper than eating out every meal!
This menu plan I’m actually trying to use what I have in my pantry, freezer, and fridge already (crushed pineapple, quinoa, oats, rice, couscous, sun-dried tomatoes, lemons, oranges, chicken breasts, frozen Holy Yum Chicken, pretzels, peanut butter, strawberries, turkey, tomato sauce, crackers!). I also planned it based on the Bi-Lo ad for the week (on sale: tilapia, London Broil, Mueller’s pasta, chicken thighs, red cherries).
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars
- Pineapple Sweet Rolls (made with bread machine roll dough)
- cereal or granola with raisins
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins, eggs
- lunchmeat turkey, crackers, dried or fresh fruit
- PBJ, fruit/applesauce, Peeled Snacks apple clusters (love these! Organic, gluten-free, tasty, and easy)
- Vegan mac-and-cheese (it’s not easy being dairy-free … we’re going to try this …)
- “Birdie in a Blossom Tree” – We’re having Bird Camp this week, so I’m going to attempt this artistic plate for lunch one day.
- BBQ Crockpot Chicken, garlic sweet potato fries, fruit
- Holy Yum Chicken, Lemony Vegetable Quinoa Salad, green salad
- Golden Glow Pork Chops, rice, roasted broccoli (I’m making roasted broccoli once a week now. I could eat it every night!)
- Marinated, Grilled London Broil, Blistery Balsamic Potato Chips, steamed green beans
- Garlicky Grilled Tilapia with Couscous, Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots
- Grilled Chicken over Lemon Pasta with Spinach
Things to Make