This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
I am easing back into real life after FOUR days in bed due to some nasty mastitis. And while the antibiotic has cleared up the infection, I fear I am still having issues. Send up prayers, OK?
(And I am not a wimp. I don’t stay in bed unless I am really, really sick or can’t move. My temperature was 102-103 a lot of the time in those four days. Yuck.)
Here are some good reads to peruse this weekend.
- It’s Only Scary When You Don’t Know How It Ends at Pink Dryer Lint
- What If the Proverbs Woman Had a Pinterest Board? at Confessions of a Fraidy Cat
- In My Own Backyard at Martymom’s Musings
- What to Bring from Home When You’re Cooking on Vacation at Finding Joy in My Kitchen – Part of a good, practical series!
- How to Be a Great Dinner Party Guest at Shauna Niequist – “Another example: the host asks you to bring a flatbread pizza as an appetizer. You show up with flatbread, and a shopping bag. All you need, really, is a cheese grater, a cutting board, a pizza stone, the oven turned up to 500, and some fresh basil, if the host happens to have some. This is a no.”
- YUM of the Week: Chicken, Bacon, and Wild Rice Soup at My Sweet Savannah – In the hopes that someday I’ll be able to have dairy again. Oh, how I miss cheese. And ice cream.
UPDATED because this just made my Saturday 15 times better.
Just a note that this linky is for your own link posts. If you have just one favorite post you want to share, leave it in the comments, OK?
So, what did you read that was great this week? Link up here. You can grab the code for the button in the sidebar, if you want. Please link back to Vanderbilt Wife and add the PERMALINK to your post, not your home page.