This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
- The Future of Handmade Is in Our Hands at Oh My Handmade Goodness
- Warped Childhood, Restoration Hardware Style at Suburban Turmoil
- And then she said, “You don’t love me!” at Giving Up on Perfect
I was on a social media fast for a week … well, sorta … so that’s really all I have for now! So instead how about I share some great quotes from what I’ve read during this time?
- “What people are craving isn’t perfection. People aren’t longing to be impressed; they’re longing to feel like they’re home.” – Shauna Niequist, Bread and Wine
- “If the last few years have taught me anything at all, it’s that the very things you think you need most desperately are the things that can transform you the most profoundly when you do finally decide to release them.” – also Bread and Wine
- “The truth is, the part of our stories that are not so bright and shiny are what people most want to hear about. It helps them know they are normal.” – Hope for the Weary Mom
- “A real life doesn’t mean getting what you want; the achievement, the privilege, too, is knowing what you love. But getting what you love? Having what you love love you back? Oh, my friend, it’s miracle: your one tiny life’s head-on collision with divinity.” – Marisa de los Santos, Love Walked In
Just a note that this linky is for your own link posts. If you have just one favorite post you want to share, leave it in the comments, OK?
So, what did you read that was great this week? Link up here. You can grab the code for the button in the sidebar, if you want. Please link back to Vanderbilt Wife and add the PERMALINK to your post, not your home page.