This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
I wore this to a friend’s birthday shindig on Saturday night. I used to really love this top, but I’ve had second thoughts about it lately. With a camisole underneath, though, I feel better. And yes, it WAS still 88 degrees in October, as much as I wanted to throw on a sweater instead!
And now I want you to know what I see when I look at these pictures.
- I am wearing two buns, which I lovingly call Minnie Mouse ears. I think that came from Erin. I went to Chuck E. Cheese with David and Joshua for a friend’s daughter’s birthday, and the new 3-year-old was wearing the same hairdo.
- These pants are too big. Almost all my pants are. I should be jumping up and down with joy about that! But really I’m trying to figure out WHEN I am going to go shopping without little ones climbing on me and without feeling guilty about it. (AKA Never.)
- I like the chambray shirt, but I never know how to wear it. It makes me feel like I’m trying to be trendy.
- My chiropractor has all but forbid me from wearing flimsy flats like this. And also from having more kids. Poor back.
- I take close pictures of my face without make-up. I’m not sure whether I should be ashamed or proud.
- There is glitter on my cheek in this picture. I don’t know where it’s from.
- I now have to shove aside the pack-and-play and a pile of clothes to donate when I want to take a picture in my VERY smudged-by-small-hands full-length mirror.
- Libbie often wants to come into our bedroom just to admire herself in the big mirror. Ay yi yi.
And while we’re being honest … I didn’t wear much the rest of the week that I would post here happily. We are so between seasons here right now – cool in the mornings, hot in the afternoons. Today I wore a black shirt with a pumpkin on it from Old Navy via the thrift store and my jeans that have a big crease-fading on one leg and yellow paint on the other.
It’s just clothes.