This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
I’m asked often about meals that are good for the freezer. I do a lot of freezer cooking when I can, just to get on top of the hunger of three little ones! Even when we’re eating dinner in the dining hall, they have to have lunches packed or at home, breakfast, and snacks.
To make it easy on me and as a great go-to to send to friends, here are our favorite freezer meals that I know work well, because I’ve tried them again and again! I hope to update this list as we add more to our repertoire.
Breads & Breakfast Things
- Chock Full of Healthy Muffins (Really, any kind of muffin freezes fine)
- Banana Flax Pancakes
- Maple Pecan Pancakes
- Tropical Carrot Bread
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Cranberry, Vanilla, and Nutmeg Breakfast Cake
- Toddler French Toast Sticks
- I don’t love frozen eggs, although it can be done. But I will eat Egg Muffins.
- Apricot Breakfast Bars
- Bacon Cheddar Scones
- Pulled Pork with Lexington Red Sauce
- Honey Parmesan Pork Roast
- Islander Pork Roast
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken
- Toddler Thai Noodles in Peanut Sauce with Chicken
- Sweet Aromatic Chicken
- Baked Chicken Burgers
- BBQ Crockpot Chicken
- Chicken, Broccoli, and Stuffing Casserole
- Black Bean and Mango Chicken Salad
- Italian Turkey and Tortellini Soup
- Tomato Basil Hamburgers
- Homemade Spaghetti-o’s from Survive Before 5 e-cookbook
- Pizza Pockets
- Texas Squealer Burgers
Snacks and Other Stuff
- granola bars – Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars, Chocolate Coconut-Oat Bars
- mini-muffins, like Lemon & White Chocolate, Spinach Cake Muffins
- homemade chicken broth
- popsicles of all kinds!
- extra or marked-down butter, cheese, and yogurt
- pizza sauce – here’s one I made, but I also love this veggie-full one from Weelicious
My advice to you is to take a risk. Most things can be frozen with success. Don’t be scared!