This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
I came across this picture from my sister-in-law’s wedding in August. Man, I love our little family! And my eShakti dress (courtesy of the company) totally delivered. It was perfect for this casual, summer wedding. I may order another dress or two for this summer.
Favorite links from … the past three weeks (sorry!):
- One Thing to Remember When You Feel Life Is Too Fast at I Love Devotionals
- When Your Heartbeat Feels Like a Drumbeat at Chatting at the Sky
- Memento Mori at The New York Times
- You Know How I Wasn’t Invited … at Lindsay Nobles
- Grocery Shopping with Teens Is So Different at Mom to the Screaming Masses
- 17 Thoughts Parents Have Upon Hearing about the Frozen Sequel at Buzzfeed
- One in 10 Million at Samaritan’s Purse
Recipes I want to try:
- Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup with Dill at A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
- Ham and Cheese Puff Pancake at Make and Takes
- Curried Carrot Soup at Food Network
- Joshua just as happy the eighteenth time he goes down the slide as the first.
- Everyone going to school ALL THE DAYS THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO this week.
- David’s intensity and focus as he makes train tracks or plays with a Lite-Brite.
- Scrubbing floors on my hands and knees. I know, weird. But the satisfaction of having them clean made it well worth it, and hard cleaning can be really therapeutic.
- Speaking of therapeutic, writing.
- Water aerobics.
- Reading The Boxcar Children to Libbie.
- David making his dove puppet go, “Coo! coo!” at church Wednesday.
- Telling kids in children’s church about the family line from Rahab to Jesus. It makes me so excited!
- How much the kids laugh every time they see “Donuts for Benny,” the VeggieTales Silly Song.
- Joshua saying, “Bi-bible, Buck Denver!” To everyone he meets. Including a dog at my chiropractor’s office.
- Beating back a nasty sinus headache with lavender oil. Oh, it is a wonder!
Favorite offline reading: I am trying to make it through Daring Greatly. The problem is I keep having a breakdown and having to process a lot of memories and information as I read it. It’s going very slowly.
How are you doing? I’ve really had a pretty crazy week – not activity-wise, mostly emotionally. My dad is having open-heart surgery next week, so I’ll be traveling and would love your prayers for him and my mom.