This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure statement for more details.
When winter comes, I get kind of sad about food. There just isn’t the abundance of bright vegetables and fresh berries available that are there in the summer and into the fall.
What is available, though, is fresh citrus. Oranges are less expensive; you can get three lemons for a dollar. I am a little citrus-crazy, because it just makes everything taste so good. And like sunshine! So here are some of my favorite citrus-y recipes (with a mango one thrown in, because it feels sunshine-y to me, too) to help bring some light into your winter. Enjoy!
A few other favorites:
- Orange Muffins from The Finer Things in Life
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Lemon Drop Cupcakes from me at Giving Up on Perfect
- Grilled Chicken over Lemon Pasta with Spinach from Faithful Provisions
- Honey-Glazed Salmon with Browned Butter Lime Sauce from Cooking Classy
- Lemon Sponge Pie at Bunny’s Warm Oven
Do you have any favorite “sunshine-y” recipes?